oh what a difference a few years make. things seem to change when your kids are older. one day after trick or treat day and we got nothin' left. do you feel my pain.
so my daughter emily and grandson jack stopped by last night. i was kind of out of it, takin' me a power nap just before the dinner hour, nursing a head cold to boot. i was on my feet all day helping my old partner at american greetings set christmas in her store. i was tired, blowing, sneezing and i had to fight the need hold my little grandson. ugh. then she exclaimed with a bit of a panic in her voice but yet trying to sound hopeful.
mom don't we have any chocolate in the house?
if there is one emotion i live on, well, that would be guilt. so when i had to answer:
no, we don't. i think if all the flood gates of guiltdom opened up and drenched me to the bone.
would somebody just shoot me. how could i have just purchased enough chocolate to pass out to the little munchkins and be fresh out the next day. DUH!! how could i have been so short sighted.
emily had that look on her face that said it all.
have you lost your mind mother.
yes, i did and i don't know where it is at the moment.
SO i'm on a mission.
i know cvs can see me coming and they better have what i'm lookin' for. cause' i got that unmistakable look. you know the one that says here comes the lady who ran out of chocolate look. kind of wild-eyed throw back to the beanie baby days. i'm here for a reason and i'll get the job done just get out of my way if you know what's good for you. wish me luck.
i only hope i've learned my lesson. when it comes to chocolate, this house can never never be overstocked.
7 comments:
Hey Janel,
I'm going to email you but just wanted to say hi! You haven't lost it....blame it on the head cold. That will definately do it.
And, then add a good nap with it.
I'm just glad you recognized them.
Hope you got some chocolate and got some to your daughter too! :)
I'll email you at greater length over the weekend.
Feel better soon.
Much love,
Fran
yes!! I know what you mean! how is your cold? I get so full of guilt for the dumbest stuff to the point that I have to read overcoming guilt in Praying Gods word! I am glad that He can take me and my weird self!! you are too cute!
I enjoyed your sense of humor about all this-had me a good chuckle. Hope your head feels better and you get some chocolate soon.
Kathy
amen amen amen. you can NEVER have too much chocolate. :) proven by the fact that i have had hot-chocolate EVERY day this week...even when it wasn't cold! and of course my dove dark chocolate-covered almonds...and the hershey bar...
Do not feel guilty about the chocolate! It is on sale now that Halloween is over - you were just being a good steward with your money! hahahaha You are right - you can never have enough chocolate.
hey janel i think it is wherever your server is...on that traffic map.
Hi Janel! I saw your comment on Jenny's page and wanted to say hello. I am also from the metro Detroit area. Romeo to be exact. I am not sure if I have ever run into you here in blogland, because most blogging "siesta's" are from the south!
Anyway, I will be back to read often!
I can totally relate to the chocolate thing...for some odd reason now I MUCT have DARK chocolate. I used to hate the stuff...now it is all I like. I am 36, maybe pre PRE menopause. I don't know!
Post a Comment