ya so i had the old yearly check up this week only it was 4 years ago. ya i'm bad. i used to be much better taking care of these things. so i've been feeling very tired that was one of my concerns and i knew i lost some weight but did not know exactly how much because our scale broke a few months back and we have not replaced that bad boy. before you ladies get all jealous don't be. we can't help some things. i'm one of these people who is slight in stature and size. sorry. it's all genetics. i wish i had a little meat on my bones for the times when you get sick and lose a little and say wow i'm glad that happened, but i'm not. when i get sick and lose a little i get worried because i need all i got. anyway, she noted i had lost 4 lbs in 2 months cause i just saw her with a dang blasted kidney infection in august. so then she felt my thyroid and said i need to have it checked out right away. my cardiologist (my heart is fine just a little irregularity i've had for a long time) just ordered some blood work and i thought he ordered a thyroid test so she didn't and he didn't. now i have to have someone maybe her order me up some thyroid tests. so of course now that i know the little thing is there in the front of my throat i have become acutely aware of my swallowing and any sensations in that area like breathing and singing. and i have noticed my singing voice is deeper and it's harder for me to hit the high notes without feeling like i'm straining. doesn't the deeper voice come with the same menopausal territory as mustaches. i don't know, i'm must asking?
at our church the music is so loud you really can't hear yourself sing. i like that. i usually don't hear the person behind me sing so i guess i had a little false confidence today. so at church today during this one song i think i sounded really bad then this very lovely middle aged couple turned around after the song and gave me the o'l i need to see who is sitting behind me look. now i know, how do i know what that was all about. i really don't. but this i do know, it was not because i have the voice of an angel and they were scoping out some new talent for the praise and worship team. really i'm laughing inside. i was dying to just say oh i'm so sorry, i know it sounded bad i'll sing a little softer on the next song. i was just cracking up and still am.
well sisters when i sing, i love the fact that it doesn't matter what i sound like. it's for Him and when it hits His ears i do sound like an angel (and you do to) cause He made my voice just the way He wanted it to sound like.
do you ever think of the planet on a given sabbath whether it be saturday or sunday and the voices all over the world singing praises to our King? singing starts in one time zone and goes to the next, and then to the next encircling the world with praise to Him.
another thought: when we are singing corporately let's say in eastern standard time at 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. if we could hear us all at the same time what it would sound like? i know most of you have attended a LPM conference. haven't you just stopped singing just to hear all the voices? that is an experience like no other isn't it? a little taste of heaven wouldn't you say.
6 comments:
Well, Praise the Good Lord that no one can hear me sing at our church either. I always thought I could sing well enough, but lately i have come to the realization that I pretty much stink and couldnt carry a tune in a basket (as my grandmother used to say about other people).
Hope all goes well with the Thyroid tests. That thyroid thing is becoming an epidemic. I will be praying for you.
Oh and I cant help but be jealous -**mocking on *** I lost 4 lbs and didnt even know it - dont be jealous - its all genetics** mocking off** Why couldnt I have been born with skinny genes so I could fit into some skinny jeans?
I am just kidding with you (kinda ;-)
Oh I even sit on the front row so I can belt it out and not distract anyone with how awful I sound. Seriously!! :) Let me know about the tests when you get them.
Hi, there! Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving some great comments. I'm sorry to hear about Eric. I know first hand what a huge void that is. But what helps get me through those empty times is remembering how blessed I was to have those people in my life at all.
Good for you for still singing! I hope all is well with you. Great idea -- I just might blog a little more about my job and how I got there later in the week.
Take care!
Maria
Hi sweet friend,
First of all, I'm praying for you and I hope you can get on a path of healing and recovery! I thought I had that same thing and did 101 tests and it wasn't my thyroid. I ended up being fine but it is hard being in that not knowing phase and then lets get this thing fixed stage. But....nevertheless, I'm praying for you.
Ok, and OH MY! Can you imagine what the heavenlies think, say, do, act when worship of any kind is going on??? I know we can't begin to understand what that is like, but the pure beauty of it is probably breathtaking to say the least.
Who cares how we sound?? I bet we do have the voice of an angel to our sweet Father!! You sing loud and strong Janel!! You are His princess and He is in love with you!!
Have a blessed week!
Much love,
Fran
I'm so thankful nobody can hear me sing either and when they do hear me-I get the look you're talking about, too.
I'm praying for God to reveal anything that needs treatment.
Kathy
i tagged you on my blog
Post a Comment