Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ramblings


UPDATE: the dermatologist says we need to see a plastic surgeon. they are the ones to remove the cancer. i didn't know. so he referred us to one but we don't know this guy. i myself have been to the karmanos cancer institute in detroit and have confidence in them, so i'm contacting them.
dermatologist closed today so no records can be faxed until i call tomorrow. the wheels of medicine just move so slowly. (taking a big sigh)



Never talk about religion and politics! Not on my blog because it is my blog and I'm the boss of my blog. I used to tell my kids "I'm the boss of the applesauce", I got that from an old neighbor, she was a little fruity! :)

Michigan is a MESS from the governor on down to the city of Detroit. I know you all have seen the "s*x and text" scandal. We have made the world news many times now. It is so so sad. Kuame Kilpatrick brings up his "christian" beliefs all the time and it is so sad because he is giving christianity a bad rap. He has done the people of Detroit such ill service and I think he should resign. The people who live in the city deserve much better and i think a lot of them don't even think so. He is a very self serving, arrogant, insecure man (my opinion). I really feel bad for him and more for his family. I also feel bad for Christine Beatty who was his now x-l*ver. They both perjured themselves so as to keep their adulterous relationship a secret. It will be interesting to see if his high powered attorneys get him off and see what her little attorney will do for her.

Believe it or not, the schools of Detroit used to be a model for the nation. In the 50's, 60's and 70's things were very good. My husband is a product of the 70's. He took every drafting class they offered, drafting I-VII. Those classes prepared him for his life career. Today they can't even get the books stored in some building to the schools and into the student's hands. It is a MESS. They keep replacing the school superintendent and pay them big money and nothing ever changes.

Businesses are leaving Michigan right and left. Many are moving to Mexico and a lot are moving out of state. No matter how you cut it our governor can't seem to keep things here. This is her second term in office, i found that shocking, and the bleeding continues. I hope there will be a Michigan left when she is done. Our state has so much beauty. I don't have any answers. I do think tourism should be a focus more than it is, but if you don't have any money i don't know how you can get things done. Our governor has been on the tv lately saying basically, I'm looking into this, I'm looking into that, but for me the buck stops with her. How did/could she let us get in this situation. In the past she has blamed the previous governor but she has now had a term and 1/2 to clean things up and Michigan is in very bad shape. I'll be glad she is gone when her term is up.

I had to laugh at one of our local news anchors. They were talking about the President's stimulus package. She looked at the anchor next to her and said "spend it? I thought they wanted us to save it". HELLO?

i hate captializing all the time on this blog, i tried it this time, and i don't think i'm going to continue.

gas here is now $3.57/gallon, where is it going to end? i almost never fill up my suv. i just put in enough to get me to the next payday. i would love to sell it but who would buy it now?

our church just announced on sunday the need to build and improve all three of it's campus'. on the day they kick off the projects, they are bringing in albert mohler to speak at all 4 of the services. our pastor has asked him to consider giving 4 different messages. no answer yet but it is going to be awesome to hear him in person.

we had 2 baptisims on sunday, both adults. they each gave their personal testimonies, tears flowed. we have a wall in our church with the names of people we wish would come to to know Christ. It has been there since 2005. one of the people baptised on sunday was a person whose name WAS on that wall. Glory to God!

my husband just had a growth taken off his shoulder/neck area. it was basil cell carcenoma and they will now go back and remove more to get "good borders" pray with me that this dermotologist does it well! fyi, he is/was a red head, freckles, never wears sunscreen or a hat and is 51. we really need to take this prevention a little more seriously.


http://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-cancer/basal-cell-carcinoma

13 comments:

Tonja said...

I second your motion not to capitalize! It just always gets me so comfused, because I'm not so good with the keyboard anyway, but, I'll look down and EVERYTHING WILL BE CAPITALIZED, instead of one thing...and then you have to backspace or try to put that tiny little dash by the word to change. It's too stressful, I tell you. Maybe we should think about inventing a computer for the mature woman. It will be in larger print, and it will have voice recognition....so you can just say, "erase that last sentence." You know, kind of like a pencil!!!!
How in the world did I get off on that tangent? Sorry...I may have to do a post about a SAVVY SENIOR COMPUTER one day.
Schools are so sad these days. It does break your heart. I am a big believer in public education. I tink that the premise is right. We should all be able to go to school together and learn together from each other and with each other. That was sadly about 40 years ago. And our kids suffer the most.
I think Michigan is a beautiful state. I have spent some time in Ann Arbor and at the University Hospital there.
Have a good day...
down with capitalization forever!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you about the MI stuff. Kwame is an embarassment. Seriously. I voted for DeVos last governor election...it seemed like the right vote. I can't even believe the gall of granholm supporters who now complain about the state of our state.
Anyway, just checking in today! Do you go to Kensington? (I don't know if I am aware of another church in the area that has multiple campuses.)

becky said...

This is my first visit to your
blog and I really enjoyed reading...I absolutely LOVE the idea of the wall of names!! How exciting to see peoples names come off the wall!

Also, I hope all goes well with your hubby. I will lift him up in prayer.

jennyhope said...

I guess I haven't heard of the scandal and I am on the up and up with the news. Also, you will have to take good notes when Dr. Mohler comes to your church. I love him. He is good friends with my pastor and Hunter Street so we have been blessed to have him at our church!
And about the gas ours is the same price! AAAAHHHHH!!!
So, hoping everything turns out great with the man and LOL on the buick!!

nancygrayce said...

I am convinced that everyone who goes into politics immediately goes on a power trip just doing whatever they want. Here in Florida our governor, well, maybe I shouldn't go there tonight. Praying for your husband. Being from Florida, skin cancers are us!

Jubilee on Earth said...

Hi, Janel! I think those are good ramblings and I agree with all of them. Did you see the latest article about those states that the government is saying are in an "individual" recession? Michigan isn't on there! Our government is something else...

I'll pray for your hubby. God bless!

~Maria

Fran said...

WOW! What a powerpacked post!

And...praying for your hubs...my mom has been down this road many times and it has all worked out good....praying, friend.

Much love~
Fran

BethAnne said...

I am a natural red head - never wear sunscreen - freckles all over....not good I know. I am really careful with my kids and sunscreen but never myself. I pray all goes well with hubs.

PRaise the Lord for the wall of names (and for the names that are deleted and written in the Lamb's book instead)!!!!!!!!

thouartloosed said...

Janel,
I learned a lot about Detroit and Michigan!
I'm praying for your hubby.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Boy, you've had a LOT on your plate!

I am glad that you were able to catch your husband's cancer-----too often I am telling myhusband to be checked too. He has suspicious moles, IMO.

i hope the baby is feeling better---what a blessing to have a nice grandmother close by.

Sorry to hear about your computer---I don't have that geek gene either. Although I am slowly learning.

How cool is that! His name on the wall, I hope that is a reminder to persevere in prayer b/c I can be prone to giving up! Praise God for that testimony!

Al Mohler----can I come visit your church too? I just got his new book in the mail, Culture Shift.

I'll be praying for you!

Fran said...

Thinking about you sweet Janel!
Praying for you!

Hugs~
Fran

Profbaugh said...

Hey Janel,

Just popping in to say "hi." My dad just had a growth removed off his nose. All is good!! Praying for the same thing for your hubby.

Much love,
~Cheryl

Profbaugh said...

Just wanted to add that my dad had two spots removed. They sent him to the plastic surgeon too.

If I can help or just talk, drop me a line at profbaugh@yahoo.com.

Much love,
~Cheryl