Friday, February 29, 2008

if

IF WHEN AN ANSWER I DID NOT EXPECT

COMES TO A PRAYER WHICH I BELIEVED I

TRULY MEANT, I SHRINK BACK FROM IT;

IF THE BURDEN MY LORD ASKS ME TO BEAR

BE NOT THE BURDEN OF MY HEART'S CHOICE,

AND I FRET INWARDLY AND DO NOT

WELCOME HIS WILL,

THEN I KNOW NOTHING OF

CALVARY LOVE.

BY AMY CHARMICHAEL

9 comments:

Jubilee on Earth said...

Hey, Janel! Thanks for coming by and leaving that suggestion. I love that site! I've been poking around it all morning -- I never knew about it.

I appreciate and love your support, as always.

God Bless!
~Maria

nancygrayce said...

Hey Janel....I tagged you for a book meme over at my site.

Fran said...

Well my goodness....that is just it in a nutshell!!! Press on! Press on! Let Your will be done Father.....for us all!

Love you Janel..
Fran

jennyhope said...

so good Janel!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

OOOHHHHH!
thankyouthankyouthankyou
I love Amy Carmichael.
One of my favorite writers.
And I love the IF book.
You never e-mailed me, did you?

BethAnne said...

Love it!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

thank you for your comment about cyd...
how heartbreaking for her daddy---you just expect we'll outlive our children...
God had a better plan from Hebrews 12...
and Cyd's faith speaks loud even in her death...
waiting for the email

BethAnne said...

Hey Janel ---Just checking in----everything AOK? I bet you are busy playing with that grandbaby!

Sibi said...

Good Morning Jane!

Found your blog through someone else's
and enjoyed reading about you and your
precious family!
We have the Love of the Lord in common...