
i'm off to help my mom finish up navy bean soup for dinner. she makes the best. she boils a ham bone in chicken broth for her stock, adds small pieces of ham, small potatoes and shredded carrot. she's having corn bread and brownies with ice cream. perfect for this chilly, damp weather.
random thought: how much long-term comfort are we willing to deny ourselves if the soul of another is at stake? i have been thinking about that alot and my answer scares the bejeebers out of me. how about you?
i have a request. please show some love to our friend kathy at daybyday. we all know how much it means to us when we receive comments...ALOT. we are all on this journey together, dealt with different hands but our Jesus binds us together and that thread is eternal and cannot be broken.
secondly, i promised my friend maria at jubilee on earth to mention her Bible give away. she would love to put it in someone's hands. for those of you who don't read her blog, she is a very interesting new Christian who because of how the tone of her blog has changed to now talk about her Jesus, her readership is crying "foul" they are telling her that she will lose readership because of it. so maybe it will increase not decrease.
lots of love ~janel
4 comments:
Hey Janel - been missin' ya! What is the name of your friend Maria's blog? I thought I might visit and offer some encouragement.
"how much long-term comfort are we willing to deny ourselves if the soul of another is at stake?"
Whoa.....thats a great question. Of course the short term is easier and not so difficult....but long term??? Well, considering you know my full story....I'd say I think and pray that I can go the distance....won't be easy but I truly know whats at stake. He'll get us through....especially when one of His children is at stake.
And...i'll go visit Kathy at Daybyday....you are a precious friend janel. To all of us. We love you!
Janel,
I'd like to believe that I'd be willing to deny myself as much as He asks for the sake of another but that's just what I'd like to believe.
Thanks for sending the encouragement my way.
Kathy
Hi Janel - thanks for visiting me. I've enjoyed my stop here. The soup sounds great. I also checked out Maria and read some of her thought provoking posts. Speking of thought provoking - your question was too. I'm afraid of my answer as well. I'm off to visit Kathy.
Post a Comment