
My Sweet Emily ~
You were born that sweet day January 18, 1986. Funny you were born in winter but your heart has always been a summer girl. I prepared so much for your arrival but with all the preparing I did I had no idea the love that I would feel in my heart for you. I totally fell in love with you. Holding and taking care of you was all I wanted to do. Everything you did was so wonderful. I looked at every first thing you did with amazement. You were my first, your firsts were my firsts. You were my beautiful blue eyed curly haired blond girl that had my heart. I watched you grow into a curious sensitive girl who at a young age had a sense of fairness and justice. Your tender heart was smitten by all the little creatures you had. You were in love with every one of them (except chico, poor thing). I would watch and listen to you play the piano with admiration for all your hard effort. You played beautifully. I know it was not your favorite year but homeschooling you in 6th grade was my favorite because you were home with me everyday. You hated to start school each year and I hated to send you. That was your Igor year. You had such a creativity with things that you tackled with your grandma's help or by yourself that were beyond your years. You and Jordan were good buddies. Partners in crime. I know crimes were committed only you and he know about to this day :) . You finished things you started. Taking over the yearbook was such a big task but you did it. Later, watching you really like volleyball was a new joy because you had a sport that was all your own and you really played well in spite of everyone. I'll never forget watching you back out of the driveway with your fresh drivers licence, tears in my eyes, knowing I had to let you go because you were growing up and there wasn't anything I could do to stop you. I had to let go and that was the most unnatural thing I ever had to do in my life. You and I know that is still my problem. Getting your first job was another proud moment. You getting employee of the month 3 months in a row made me so proud but in my heart of hearts I knew you had a hard work ethic. You paid for your own first car, $5000.00, and never missed a payment. You watched your spending (i won't mention the 1,000 text messages :) because you paid for those too. You always wanted to be independent. Seeing you fall in love and give your heart away and get it broken is something no mom is ready for and I wasn't. I wanted to protect you and I couldn't. Your heart is your biggest asset. Your tenderness for the young and old is the most beautiful thing God himself has placed inside you. It is His gift to you and us and the people you come in contact with. Now you have Jack. I know the love I felt for you 22 years ago, you now feel for him. Your beautiful heart full of love will show him the way. The love chapter in I Corinthians, your favorite, shows what importance you place in your heart for love. A tender heart is better than a heart of stone you will show him that. The good in you, your justice and fairness will teach him to respect others. Your hard working values will teach him to try hard at all the things he attempts. Your easy going spirit will allow Jack to not be afraid to fail because you will be there for him, loving him through it all no matter what. You are and will forever be his biggest fan. Our time together has gone by so fast. I have my regrets. I certainly wasn't the poster child for a perfect mom but this I know, I love you Emily on this day, your birthday, and every day of your life, no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or where we are in our ever changing relationship. I hope some of the things I taught you you will always remember and pass along to Jack. God will never let you down. Faith and prayer will get you through lifes toughest times. When God gives us a no it is only because He has a greater yes. He knows what's best for us more that we do. You are in my heart forever. I love you more than words can say. ~ Mom
12 comments:
Oh my gosh Janel! THat was beautiful. Would you let that sweet Emily know that your friends send her birthday wishes too?!
May His hand be upon her and her heart full of His love and mercy.
Happy Birthday Emily! What a beautiful tribute from your mother. I hope your day is full of special memories!
Janel,
I love the rainbow coloring in the font you used for Emily's post. it reminds me that God keeps His promises! May He be both you and Emily's promise keeper!
Tears - there are tears in my eyes - big ones. What an awesome testimony of your love for your girl. It makes me sad to think of my boys growing up and leaving (I think Jesus may come back before they actually go out on their own - at least that is my hope). Janel, she is beautiful and so blessed to have such a sweet, godly mom.
this is so sweet! I have looked at pics lately and cant believe that 2.5 years has gone bye! I have been struggling so bad with morgan. her tantrums have been awful to the point i feel like i will lose it at times. i know i sure wont be able to say i was a perfect mom either. ;) your daughter is so pretty. she kind of looks like melissa beths second born.
thanks ladies. emily was over tonight and read each one of your sweet comments. emily's insignia for as far back as we remember was the rainbow, even in spite of it's gay meaning in high school. she knows it means promise. she also was addicted to pens, markers, you name it that came in all the colors of the rainbow. you are very observant jennifer. i would love to bring her to san antonio. she came to detroit with me just last february when she was 4 months pregnant. she starts a new job next tuesday with chase bank as a tele banker so it is hard to say if she will get time off. it's going to be an adjustment for us all because she now comes home for lunch and only works 5 minutes away. so thank you all again. you all are such wonderful Godly women that i adore and cherish. you have all left my heart full tonight. ~janel
Happy Birthday Emily! Your mother loves you so much and it comes out in every keystroke!
How beautiful, and encouraging. Being a mother who is still experiencing firsts this was very encouraging. A reminder of just another gift of parenting, the picture of love that being a mother is. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!
Mari
Have 2 surprises for you at my Blog!
Oh Janel!! My heart is so tender as I read this entry. Your Emily is one lucky young woman to have YOU as a mom.
Much love,
~Cheryl
Hello- I seen on Jennifer's (Japan) site that you were having difficulty getting to mine. THat is odd but I thought I would pop over and see if I can get on yours and here I am. I also noticed that you are from Michigan also. That is cool (actually really cold this morning!)
-Smiles!
Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog-your comment was very uplifting :) So neat to read about your Emily! I chose "rainbow heart" for my blog because of the promise of God represented in the rainbow. My little phrase I wrote is to God it says "You washed me clean, a brand new start, you gave me a promise a rainbow heart."
So neat meeting you, I will visit again!
This was so beautiful... My youngest babe is 13 tomorrow...
Post a Comment