i was put in a situation today that doesn't come up every day. you get these situations once in a while. you don't ask for these things in your life they just happen. ones in which you have to make fast decisions right on the spot. you have to rely on the recommendation of a professional, your spouse's needs are at stake, your own gut feelings and prayer. i had one of these today. one of life's little tests.
the day started out normal enough only to end up in the oral surgeon's office. my husband had to have a tooth pulled that was probably the culprit of his sinus hurting. it was just that the anesthesia didn't take after 3 shots so they needed to sedate him. i know. it happens every day, it's safe. i'm just one of those people that don't like suprises. they called me in and told me what was happening. i had a pit in my stomach when i walked in (that's me). i would have liked to leave and get a second opinion (that's me) but my husband was in a lot of pain. he needed this taken care of now.
so i did what i do. i got on my cell phone and called mom. i hadn't let her know where we were going or what was going on. mainly i wanted to ask her to wisper off a prayer. she did NOT answer the phone. i was stumped. why not. i was left alone to sit in the waiting room with my thoughts (mostly fearful of what if this, what if that). i know your saying it is only a tooth. i know it's only a tooth. so when my call failed, my heart said you don't need to talk to mom you have all you need right here. you are not alone I AM with you. He was. everything went fine. lesson learned......again.
8 comments:
Being stripped is not always a bad thing. It reveals where an what we are holding and looking towards instead of Him.
I hope that everything went well afterwards and that your husband is feeling like himself again.
I love that the Lord uses each of these providential situations in our lives to draw us closer to Him.
Grace to you, Janel.
Lessons are everywhere if we are looking for them! Sounds like you passed this one with flying colors! Hope your husband is feeling better!
Amen sister! I cant tell you how many times I have been put in situations where I was on my own and then I saw the Lord come through! I am so glad your eyes were opened to Him today!!
I'm so glad everything worked out. I have to have that lesson, too, sometimes. I'm still learning that all I need is faith, and that He is always with me.
:0)
Big hugs,
Maria
I learn this lesson every day! :)
I guess I haven't actually learned it then huh?!
I hope he is healing and peace is covering you both!
Proud of you!
Love,
Fran
I am not sure who said this, but a man once said " the sin in the old testament was not believing in God the Father, the sin in the new testament is not believing in Christ the Son, and the sin in our generation is not believing in the power of the Holy Spirit". I think there is some truth in that for all of us. We tend to trust people we can physically see even though they are powerless --- we all do it at one time or another. I have been doing that very thing this week in a certain situation --- I know that a mere human cannot take care of my needs, yet I depend on humans all the time. Glad you got it! I think I need a lesson in dependence. Thanks for sharing that story with us -- hope hubs is doing well.
That's me too! I panick far too quickly when it has to do with my husband....then I have to stop and remember that there are NO surprises for our God!
No matter how old you get, you still want to tell your Mom, don't you.
My daughter left last Thursday for a 5 month's mission trip. Not long after we left the airport, tears rolling down my face, I made the call. The line was busy.
I need my mom and she's on the phone......
I finally got her and had a good cry.....there's nothing like talking to your mom when you're hurting. It makes me think of the verse in Isaiah, "As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you." Looks like you got some "mother comfort"' from God that day.
I hope your husband is feeling better.
I am new to blogging it is nice to meet you.
Many blessings,
Julie
Post a Comment