Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Such a stinker!!

My grandson turned one June 26th. We bought him a little tykes slide and swing mainly because he likes to swing but as it turns out he likes the slide better. Climbing up the slide the wrong way is the funnest part.

I was telling my husband the other day that on the days I have our grandson i noticed i worry very little because i am so busy and in awe of taking care of the little guy that my usual list of worries are not front and center. He walks in in the morning and takes over my heart and mind every time. We found out he is a sponge. After changing him one evening last week, he got up off the floor grabbed his folded up diaper and carried it from the family room into the kitchen, opened our garbage drawer and tossed the diaper in the garbage like he was spiking a football. : ) We were watching him from behind with our eyes like saucers and mouths open, grinning from ear to ear. We just couldn't believe it. He was so proud of himself he repeatedly pulled it off the top and kept putting it in again and again. Our first thought was are they making this one year old throw away his own diaper? How does he know to do this? I asked my daughter if this is what they do, my daughter cracked up, she couldn't believe it and responded with a big 'NO'. So she put it to the test at her house, different house, different layout, different cupboard. He first put it in with the pans, that didn't look right to him, then he put it under the kitchen sink, still not right then he found the right place and proudly plunked it in the garbage. The little stinker.

Obviously he is watching...everything we do. I take the cushions of the couch off and place them in front of the fireplace and cover sharp corners. The couch is perfect height for him to climb up and down, up and down, up and down. When he spills things on the couch i grab a wipe and clean up...yep you guessed it that is what he did...such a stinker.

His first word was dad then daddy then on to the dog...eee for doggie then that changed to bugheee then finally budeeee. He says ''mom' only when he wants to. He says 'hi' when the phone rings or when passing people and once in a while he will respond 'ya' when asked a question like 'do you want a bottle?...ya" I am so amazed again 21 years after going thru this with his mom, my first. He has such wonder in his eyes. His heart just loves. He is so pure. He doesn't know about all the bad stuff that changes us, stuff that comes into our lives that we didn't ask to come that affects our heart and minds. I just want to shelter him from all of it. The world he was born into is so, so much worse than the world his mom came into. I have serious concerns for his little mind and heart.

I just love him so. I can't even put my love for him into words. My heart is full, running over, spilling on the floor. Love, love, love everywhere love. I want everything good for him. I want him to be happy, to always know he is loved and cherished.

Paramount is that I want him to know Jesus. Not the Jesus he may hear as swear word the world will tell him about. Jesus the name above all names, the name that has the power to save our souls from eternal hell. The name of the holy one that died on the cross and rose on the third day as prophesy predicted hundreds of years earlier, the one the children shouted "Hosanna to the Son of David"*as he rode on that donkey fulfilling the words "out of the mouths of infants and nursing babies Thou has established strength"
Ps. 8:2 Matt. 21:15&16. Jesus used the words of little children to proclaim his entrance into Jerusalem. The chief priests and scribes...the wisest bible scholars of the day said to Jesus "do you hear what they are saying?" referring to the children. They wanted Jesus to shut them up. They were proclaiming something that was blasphemy. Jesus responded... yes. Don't you just have a big YES in your spirit. YES FOR THE CHILDREN. YES FOR THE LITTLE CHILDREN. They got it. They knew. I want my grandson to know.

JESUS LOVES THE LITTLE CHILDREN,

ALL THE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD.

RED AND YELLOW, BLACK AND WHITE,

THEY ARE PRECIOUS IN HIS SITE,

JESUS LOVES THE LITTLE CHILDREN OF THE WORLD.


*"Hosanna to the Son of David!" means, "The Son of David is our salvation! Hooray for the king! Salvation belongs to the king!"



5 comments:

Mari said...

I love this post. I can just picture your grandson and I can feel your love for him while reading it. Jesus did love the children and he still does. I know your Grandson will know because you and those other people so important to him will tell him.

Tonja said...

Beautiful post! He sounds like such a dear! I know you are so blessed everyday by the time you spend with him.

As a preschool educator for most of my adult life, I know the importance of early lessons of those things we wish to instill into our little ones. Even at this age, he can learn that when the name of Jesus is spoken, it is with love and reverence and with a smile. And later when he is old enough to understand the stories of Jesus, he will remember that is a good name, spoken of with love.

Enjoy your sweet boy!

Fran said...

Praying for you and that bundle of love, little guy, today!!

Press on Janel!
Hugs and blessings~
Fran

Profbaugh said...

Oh my goodness!! He sounds like such a cutie. Pictures. . . we need pictures, Janel!!

~Cheryl

thouartloosed said...

He sounds so precious!