Friday, December 21, 2007

it's settled

after purchasing two bibles and not feeling good about either one (niv thinline and quest) and talking things over with one of our favorite blog siestas (thanks jenny) tomorrow two go back and a niv study bible will be purchased. whew. i'm feeling good about my decision, hubby's ok with it too cause that's what he has. it was that or a ryrie which is his old bible and his preference but the store does not have it in a niv version so my decision is kind of forced but i'm ok with it.

do you ever purchase Christmas gifts and return them even before you give them? am i the only one? nothing like adding a little more stress to the season than standing in the return line before hand.

giving this gift is so exciting because i know what is in between the covers of this book. life everlasting, His precious words to us, truth, freedom, peace, hope.

i pray please Father may this gift be received with and open eyes and heart. where there are scales we ask that they be removed if there is any hardness may his heart be made soft in order that he come to know You. i ask that he will not be angry or judgemental towards us for giving him this gift. Father may his family or any other person not have anything to say or have any bearing on him opening this book Your word. place an insatiable curiosity in his heart to read this book and may it not be satisfied until he knows the truth and accepts You as his Lord and Savior. Lord may your name be glorified and honored in this season of giving. thank you for Jesus our gift. amen

3 comments:

Fran said...

PERFECT! And, I "Amen" your beautiful prayer with you!

I am so proud of you Janel. This is a beginning.....an awesome beginning with Jesus. These pages will become life to this young man.
They just will. Like I've said before, because that is just what God will do.....stay in prayer. I will.

Much love friend~
Fran

Jubilee on Earth said...

I received a big, hardcover NIV study Bible for my birthday from a dear, dear friend of mine. The folks at the Christian store had my name engraved on the front cover under the dustjacket. I LOVE that Bible! I think you made a great choice.

And yes, thank you, this is indeed my "first" Christmas! Thank you for knowing that. I am so very, very blessed for the opportunity in life to know God through Jesus Christ. I feel as if my life is just beginning, and I'm very excited.

Have a very Merry Christmas, and may the Lord bless you and your family during this special time.

~Maria

thouartloosed said...

I still have the bible my Aunt gave me when I was 13. It's KJV but because it was my first real bible, I still love to read it. He's going to be blessed.
Merry Christmas
Kathy