i can't even begin to thank you all for your prayers. my mom's name is wini.
it has been only 24 hours on the oxygen, but really no change at all. she slept almost all day today. she washed up this morning in shifts but did not get dressed or comb her hair until 4pm. she is still eating 3 meals/day which is good. her ankles are retaining water. they go down pretty much over night but look bad by evening. i mentioned her congestive heart failure but we don't know if this has any bearing yet but i feel it may. her blood work came back with a hemoglobin of 10.7 and the dr. wants her to take iron every day. she has a lot bowel issues and fears and does not want to take iron...her daily centrum silver has no iron. she used to take theragram-m and switched because the stores stopped carrying it. her neutrophyls (sp?) were elevated but she has always had an elevated white count. so tomorrow we will get a copy of the blood work for ourselves and have them fax one to her cardiologist.
she keeps referring to her age...88. well what can you expect...i'm 88 years old janel. she has never been her age, never ever, until now. she hardly has any grey hair to which she is so proud.
so this morning before it got too hot i worked in her rock garden. she was inside on the couch in and out of sleep and i was outside taking my issues out by digging up weeds in a place we both enjoyed year after year. i cried as i pulled those weeds and moved rocks around. i felt at times i couldn't finish. every year she and i would go to the nursery and pick out some new perennials and go home and plant them. we both would be so excited at our selections. we used to say that being at the nursery is like being in heaven. she and i got out about a month ago, she pushed herself for one last time. it was too hot to really enjoy it, she stood in the shade at one point. she bought a pink phlox and some tall pink dianthus. even then she was planning some new things for the front of her house.
she also has a rose garden and would send home a beautiful bud to put on our table and now i'm bringing them in to her table.
p.s. our son who just got a promotion at his job at cvs, bought his dream car, a jetta gli, got into a car accident. it is not drivable. he is ok. my husband went to the impound lot to take a look and couldn't find the car. there is so much i could write here but just ask for prayer for him.
8 comments:
Oh Janel I am praying for you. It seems to just pour you know. I love you and am praying. With a heavy heart for you.
Again, I have to tell you how sorry I am that you are dealing with all this, and now your son's accident. I know God doesn't give us more than we can take, but I'm sure you feel like you are past that point. Your Mom's hemoglobin really isn't too bad for someone her age, even someone her age who has never been her age! I'm praying that she soon has more energy, that the Dr's can find what is causing this and for peace of mind for you and your son.
Oh Janel,
Know that I'm continuing to pray for you, your mom and now adding in your son. What a season of life you're in right now. God, however is there for you. Pour out your laments to Him and He will be your soft place to fall.
Much love,
~Cheryl
Crying out for you and your family.
It gets very hard to just deal some times, doesn't it? I am so sorry your Mom is having such trouble. And, now you are worrying about your son, too. I assure you that you are in my prayers. Seek God's guidance...He will lead you.
I'm always praying for you Janel.
Always. I'm hoping that your mom is doing better. Have you read the Shack?? The part about the weeds in the garden reminded me of a favorite part in the book.
I love ya. I'm praying.
Big, big hugs,
Fran
I can sense what I might be going thru before long. My Mom also is 88 and going down fast. I went yesterday to see her and cried on the way home. But I know God's Grace is sufficient for each of us. We can depend on Him.
Oh, Janel... what a tough time you're going through! And what a beautiful, strong Christian you are to continue strongly in your faith. I will pray for your mom. It's tough, I know. I just lost my mom in July to ovarian cancer -- she was only 56. It's hard to understand why things happen. Sometimes the good LORD is teaching us a lesson about what is important (like with Jordan) and sometimes it's just life (like with your mom). The most important thing right now is to pray, and be strong in Christ.
Big hugs and lots of prayers,
~Maria
Post a Comment