
HE IS RISEN!!!!
This EASTER was one of the best in a long time and i can't wait to tell you about it.
We attended church service on Saturday this year. I am so thankful we have a Saturday service as an option. Both my children had to work on Easter Sunday. My son requested Saturday off and met us at church where we heard a wonderful message.
We also heard a fantastic testimony from a young man who gave his life to Christ after being arrested with a DUI and jailed resulting in his license being taken away. He recounted how after getting out of high school how the party life was all consuming to him and the consequences that led to his DUI. He also had a job with no way to get there. An uncle drove him to work which he found strange at the time. His uncle was a heroin addict for 25 years. He told him he gave his life to Christ and he was INSTANTLY clean of his addiction and had NO withdrawal. He said he knew it was true because it was the first time ever seeing his uncle with clear eyes. I just love when the body testifies what Christ has done. It is so important to declare publicly what Christ has done for us. Miracles do still happen. I believe that with all my heart. God used that uncles miracle to testify to that nephew in order to help him believe. This is Sunday's service and a little different from Saturday.
http://media.woodsidebible.org/podcast/03232008Video.htm
http://media.woodsidebible.org/podcast/03232008Video.htm
It was so special to have my son with us. He dressed up and looked so handsome. I should have taken a picture of us with his phone and thought of it later. ugh. Why do us mom's like to see our son's dressed up? I don't know it just does something for us. Then to top it off we went to Olive Garden with the gift card he gave me for my birthday and we had a wonderful dinner together. He was unrushed and sat with us right to the end. Time spent like this doesn't happen everyday and this Easter will be remembered forever. He has been all excited about getting a promotion with his company and has a plan discussed with this manager on how to move up the ladder. We are so happy for him.
My daughter was ill Saturday but came over Sunday evening and we spent a little time together with her and her boyfriend and the little guy. He is pulling himself up on things now so we got him a little shopping cart walker. It's got a little basket in the front and lights that plays songs that actually don't get on your nerves.
Earlier that day we had our big meal at my mom's. My brother, my sister and her husband, her daughter and her husband and their two kids, one in first grade and one in kindergarten, both just as fun as they come. I spent the day on the couch from a virus and could not eat but being together was special nonetheless.
I hope you all had a blessed Easter. We worship the RISEN CHRIST!
6 comments:
Sounds like a great service - the testimony must have been very interesting. Glad you had a good day!
Janel....Honestly, I think I felt the same amount of joy you felt Saturday night at church. :) You know that I truly believe you must share your story with others to give them hope that can come from being in a pit and then coming out of it through the help of Jesus!!!
What an AWESOME service you and your family were able to experience. Those seeds fell on rich soil in that congregation.
Blessings dear friend!! Christ is Risen!!! Thank you Jesus for bringing this dead girl back!
Hugs~
Fran
Hi, Janel!
I'm so excited for you that you had such a great experience at church this Easter. Aren't those times so wonderful at restoring the newness and awe of Christ?
God bless, and many hugs.
~Maria
I am so happy about this post! YAY! I love the pic at the top!
I hope you feel better sweet Janel! Wish we could see a pic of the little guy with the cart. Also, I am so jealous about the Olive Garden!
Happy Easter Janel!
What a memorable time! I pray that the seeds that were planted will come into fruition! I cannot wait to hear the good news when that happens.
Yes, I love seeing my little boys all dressed up too! (I think it's b/c it reminds me of how much I love seeing their dad all dressed up like that) Now you know why we have 7 children together! :) Blush..
I thought it was only mothers of preschoolers and young children that like to see their boys all decked out in dress clothes.......I guess I will never get over gushing over how handsome they look...who knew?
Post a Comment